Poor TV reception can result to loss of picture, sound or both and can be really frustrating. There are many things that can cause reception problems. Ideally, you want a professional engineer or technician to check and fix it for you – this will ensure that the repairs are done correctly and none of the set up or settings are altered. However, basic poor TV reception issues can be fixed by a homeowner like you by following a few simple steps.
How to Fix Poor TV Reception
Follow these steps to diagnose and fix your TV reception problem:
- Digital Freeview: The picture keeps breaking up and / or the sound quality is poor – This is the most common TV reception problem can causes can be as simple as bad weather conditions or strong winds.
- Switch off your digital box and TV at the mains and check that all the wires are plugged in securely.
- If the problems occur when a light or other appliances are turned on, unplug any appliances that you are not using.
- If this is a constant problem, your TV aerial may need to be realigned. Call a professional to do the TV aerial repair.
- If your neighbors (who are using a separate aerial) are having the same problems, wait until the network issue is fixed and your signal is restored. But if none of your neighbors are having the same problem, it may be time to consider a new TV aerial installation.
- Digital Satellite: The picture is breaking up – This is usually caused by a satellite dish that is not properly aligned or is blocked by nearby trees or buildings.
- Reset your digital box and see if that solves the problem.
- If this doesn’t work, your satellite dish needs to be realigned. A trained professional engineer will have to do this job for you.
- Digital Cable: There is an error in the cable set up box and the picture is grainy.
- Reset your cable box. Also make sure that all cables are properly plugged in.
- If that does not work, contact your cable provider.
- IPTV Reception – If you are constantly having trouble with poor TV reception, it is a good idea to consider getting a new TV service.
If you are experiencing poor TV reception, our Mediacoms specialists will be happy to help you.
Comments are closed.