CCTV installation is made easy and secure by making sure you hire professional engineers to do the job.
What is a CCTV?
CCTV, or closed -circuit television, is the use of video cameras and transmitting the data captured to one or a set of specific monitors or locations. CCTVs are generally used for surveillance. Common users are business establishments that are particular with security such as banks, malls, government offices, convenience stores, airports and casinos. In recent years, CCTV installation has also become popular in residential units.
How useful are CCTVs?
A recent study has shown that CCTVs placed in parking areas are most effective. In fact it has helped reduce crime by 51%. Public transportation has seen a 23% drop in crimes.
In addition, the study also segregated results by country. United Kingdom has seen the biggest crime rate drop with the help of CCTVs.
Another study showed that in the UK, there are about 1.85 million surveillance cameras. That is a ratio of one camera per 32 people.
Other uses of the CCTV
Other than surveillance and crime prevention, the CCTV is also used for the following purposes:
- Hacking and video art
- Dangerous chemical industrial processes
- Monitoring traffic situations
- Retail operations
Types of CCTV cameras
Before hiring engineers for CCTV installation, here is a list of the basic types of CCTV cameras.
- Indoor. Most basic type of security camera you can mount anywhere inside a building.
- Outdoor. These are usually used in entrance and exit ways of buildings.
- Infra Red Day or Night. These are used for high security areas. During the day, the camera works like any regular camera. When the night falls and visibility becomes low, infra red lenses are activated.
- Dome. These are designed to be discreet and unnoticed. The dome -shaped cameras are usually placed on public transport, elevators, and other public areas.
- Bullet. These are small in size, but highly effective as they are weatherproof and illuminate in the dark.
- Vandal -proof. These are designed to be sturdy and are placed outdoors. The break -proof glass covering the camera does not affect the image’s quality.
- Hidden. They are small in size and are usually installed in stores and other public areas.
- Pan Tilt Zoom. This camera can view, zoom and tilt in all directions.
Get your CCTV installation done by a professional and certified engineer; call Mediacoms today!
Comments are closed.