SONOS PLAY:5 is the all new, bigger room, all-in-one Sonos player that’s a powerhouse of sound. With five integrated speakers and five digital amps, PLAY:5 streams all the music on earth wirelessly in any room. Control with free apps for your Android™, iPhone® or iPad®.
SONOS PLAY:5PERFECT FOR
- Filling a big room with HiFi sound
- Expanding Sonos to additional rooms
- SONOS HiFi SOUND. Five integrated speakers powered by five dedicated digital amplifiers (two tweeters, two mid range drivers and 1 subwoofer driver) provide crystal-clear, room-filling sound that rivals much larger, more complicated audio equipment.
- ALL DIGITAL SOUND. The all-digital sound architecture provides precise sound reproduction, just as the artist intended. All filter settings, active equalization and time-alignment are done in the digital domain so there’s no loss of audio quality or energy.
- START WITH ONE, EXPAND ANYWHERE. Add as many Sonos players as you want throughout your home. Wirelessly. Play different songs in every room or the same song everywhere, in perfect sync.
- STEREO PAIR FOR BIGGER SOUND. Turn two PLAY:5s into separate left and right channel speakers for even bigger stereo sound in one room.
- WIRELESS, EASY TO SET UP. No rewiring. No complex programming. Simply connect a SONOS BRIDGE or PLAY:5 to your wireless router and link all your Sonos players wirelessly with one touch.
- STREAM ALL THE MUSIC ON EARTH. Enjoy a universe of music everyday— your iTunes® library, your favorite music services, and more than 100,000 free Internet radio stations, shows and podcasts. Music service availability varies by region.
- CONTROL YOUR WAY. Search, browse and play your music with the dedicated SONOS CONTROL or free Sonos Controller Apps for your Android®, iPhone®, iPod touch®, or iPad®.
- AMPLIFIER. Five Class-D digital amplifiers
- HEADPHONE. Auto-detecting 3.5 mm headphone connection
- AUDIO LINE-IN. Auto-detecting 3.5 mm audio line-in connection
- SPEAKERS. Five driver speaker system – two tweeters, two 3” mid-range drivers and one 3.5” woofer. Each driver of the product is individually powered by a dedicated amplifier.
- STEREO PAIR SETTING. Allows you to group two PLAY:5s in the same room with one PLAY:5 serving as the left channel and the other as the right channel.
- AUDIO FORMATS SUPPORTED. Support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus, WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), AAC+, Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files. Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and 8kHz sample rates. Note: Apple “Fairplay”, WMA DRM and WMA Lossless formats not currently supported. Previously purchased Apple “Fairplay” DRM-protected songs may be upgraded..
- MUSIC SERVICES SUPPORTED. Sonos works seamlessly with AUPEO!, Deezer, iHeartRadio, JUKE, Last.fm, MOG, Pandora®, Rdio®, Rhapsody®, SiriusXM™ Internet Radio, Slacker® Radio, Songl, Spotify®, Stitcher SmartRadio™, TuneIn, Wolfgang’s Vault®, and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service availability varies by region.)
- OPERATING SYSTEMS (FOR STORED FILES). Windows® XP SP2 and higher; Mac OS X v10.4 and higher; NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices supporting CIFS
- INTERNET RADIO SUPPORTED. Streaming MP3, WMA
- ALBUM ART SUPPORTED. JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- PLAYBACK MODES. Crossfade, shuffle, repeat
- WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY. SonosNet 2.0, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network
- NETWORK BRIDGING. 2-port switch (10/100Mbps, auto MDI/MDIX) brings standard Internet connectivity to your set-top box, DVR, PC, Game Console or NAS drive.
- POWER SUPPLY. AC 120/240V, 50-60Hz, auto-switchable
- TOP-PANEL BUTTONS. Volume and Mute
- TOP-PANEL LIGHTS. Indicate PLAY:5 status and Mute status
- DIMENSIONS. (HXWXD) 8.50 x 14.40 x 4.80 in. (217 x 365 x 123 mm)
- WEIGHT. 9.15 lb (4.15 kg)
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE. 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- PRODUCT FINISH. White with light metallic grille; black with graphite grille
- MULTI-LANGUAGE SUPPORT. Sonos System Software supports: Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, and Swedish.
- PACKAGE CONTENTS. SONOS PLAY:5, power cord, flat Ethernet cable, Sonos QuickStart Guide with Setup CD
* Internet connection required for access to Internet radio stations, online music services and software updates (DSL, cable modem or LAN-based high-speed Internet connection required.) Internet functionality may require payment of separate fee to a service provider; local and/or long distance telephone charges may apply.
Note: All specifications subject to change without notice.