Monitor Audio Radius 225
Monitor Audio Radius 225: The Technology
- 4″ C-CAM bass driver – The Radius 225 by Monitor Audio features bass drivers with concave cone profiles.
- The C-CAM bass drivers were introduced by our top-of-the-range Platinum speakers and subsequently applied to Gold GX.
- Some highly extensive research and FEA modelling have therefore allowed us to perfect the relationship between the radiating diaphragm and its motor design.
- Introducing larger motor sizes and voice coils so increasing excursion, higher power capability and as a result reduced distortion.
- Featuring a C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter – optimised to deliver the finest and widest performance within the compact Radius cabinets.
- It benefits from a more efficient rear-venting design, releasing air trapped and compressed at the back of the tweeter dome finally guiding it around the drive assembly to a rear-loading chamber.
- HiVe II port design – Straight from Platinum’s design blueprint; the HiVe reflex port makes its debut on the Radius 225.
- It is shaped to have the same effect on airflow as a gun-barrel on a bullet.
- The rifled grooves inside the port therefore also help to accelerate the air flow and reduce turbulence; as a result the air moves in and out of the port more efficiently, consequently producing a faster, more dynamic bass response.
Bolt-Through Driver Fixings:
- Single through-bolt driver fixings providing not just mechanical de-coupling but also enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution.
- The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing which results in a very solid non-resonating cabinet.
- Futhermore the Monitor Audio Radius 225 comes complete with a dedicated wall bracket which as a result means it can be placed as a centre channel, a surround sound speaker or if you prefer; wall mounted.
Choice of Finishes:
- Available in a choice of finishes; smooth White satin, walnut real wood veneer and a high gloss black lacquer; there is a finish suitable for every room and surrounding!